vienna, austria: most livable city in the world!
For the 8th time, Vienna has been named the "Most Livable City in the World!" After visiting, it was so easy to see why! The city is beautiful, it is incredibly easy to get around, full of very nice people and from what I learned and saw in my brief time there, a great culture overall.
I did not know very much about Vienna's sustainability scene before visiting. Upon googling "sustainability in Vienna," there was a whole section on the city's tourism website about a sustainable and green Vienna! https://www.wien.info/en/sightseeing/green-vienna/sustainable-vienna
... a huge part of why it is such an amazing place to live. From food to shopping to activities, Vienna has unbelievable sustainable offerings! Some of my favorites:
- The website gives you an itinerary to a fun and green day while visiting- love it!
- Many bike paths, parks, urban farms
- SUCH pure water! Comes straight from the mountains
- SO easy to shop and eat vegan! There is a vast variety of options (hence why this post is full of food photos). I ate vegan for almost every meal! My favorite was the vegan plate at Nashmarkt Deli (tofu, lentils, falafel!)
- Clean energy via power plants that have an innovative design in the skyline
I was SO impressed by the greenness of Vienna (literally! so much greenery!). The city is unbelievably clean (a girl I met mentioned no one litters and if they do- they will be called out!) and there is local, organic, vegan, everywhere! Amazing to see sustainability so covered and prioritized.
From left: 1. Street art at Nashmarkt 2. Produce at Nashmarkt. I stayed right by this market and walked through it so many times a day! With hundreds of vendors, the vibe of people enjoying themselves is incredible and the amount of fresh food and accessibility to it is amazing!!! 3. Mobile, sustainable bike coffee cart outside of the university 4. The inside of Veggiez :D